Pinch Pot Planters with Kellsey Ronaghan
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for an afternoon to learn the basics of making pinch pots and surface decoration with our artist-in-residence, Kellsey Ronaghan.
In this 4 hour workshop, we will learn how to build simple plant pots by pinching coils of clay, along with a few techniques for adding surface decoration. Decoration options include the use of texture stamps, bisque moulds, and carving. The class will have access to studio stamps, but we encourage you to bring textured items with you. This class is open to all skill levels.
Instruction will cover:
- how to create textured bisque moulds for use on future projects
- the best way to roll coils of clay
- the basics of pinching for consistent wall thickness
- mapping out pattern
- various decoration techniques
We will create:
- textured bisque moulds (for future projects)
- a small plant pot (bisque & glaze fire included, plus 2 hours of drop-in access to finish projects)
- pinch pots$62$620$0